Title: Park Attendant
Hours at 3-11pm two to three days a week
Performs monitoring duties of the city parks facilities to protect and preserve city assets.
Supervision Received: The Park Attendant works under the general supervision of the City of Clawson Recreation Director. The Director of the DPW and Chief of Police provide training and input as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists the public with general use of park facilities
- Reminds visitors of park rules and notifies authorities of violators as needed.
- Assists in maintaining a standard of cleanliness in restrooms at the City Park Pavilion, Concession Stand and Grant Park, which includes toilets, sinks, mopping of floors in each restroom and wiping down any walls as necessary.
- Empties garbage cans in and around the park area and puts waste in dumpster at City Park.
- Reports any vandalism to the police and to the Director of Recreation.
- Reports any unusual situation or repair necessary to the Director of Recreation.
- Uses the Gator to water the flowers and hanging baskets in the DDA, “Welcome to Clawson” signs on 14 Mile, 121 Renshaw, the Fire Station, the War Memorial by the Library and the flowers around the flagpole at the DPW at least once each weekend. If there is significant rain forecast uses best judgment as to when or if watering occurs.
- Notifies Recreation Director when supplies are needed.
- Assists with maintaining recreational facilities in a clean and operational condition as needed.
- Performs other duties as specified.
High School graduate or GED equivalent.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Must be able to pass a background check, physical and drug test.
An employee in this position spends time mostly outdoors. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects. Bending, stooping, or carrying objects is also required.
Title: Summer Camp Counselor
Salary: $10.25 an hour
Interviews will be in April
Supervision Received: The Summer Camp Counselors work under the Camp Directors and Director of Recreation and Senior Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise and facilitate activities for up to 10 campers
- Be fun, caring, and energetic!
- Be willing to swim
- Attend offsite field trips
-Take initiative to lead campers and be a good role model
-Work with kids in grades Kindergarten through 5th grade
-Work 30 to 35 hours Monday through Friday starting June 17th to August 16th
-Attend mandatory paid training and a CPR certification course
You can apply by filling out an application at Hunter Community Center or by following this link: