Leaves, Brush and Logs
Please note: During the winter months, SOCRRA residents can bring (10 bags) of yard waste per day to SOCRRA Troy Transfer station, free of charge. SOCRRA does not accept yard waste in plastic bags. For more information, please contact SOCRRA. https://www.socrra.org/hours-and-locations.
The city picks up leaves during the months of October and November only. Burning of leaves in the City of Clawson is prohibited. Snow fall may interrupt this schedule.
- Beginning the week of October 18, 2021, your leaves will be collected on this (click link) schedule, with the last week of collection Monday, November 22, 2021 —Due to the week of Thanksgiving being a short week, leaves must be out on Sunday , November 21st. Please note that dates are subject to change.
- Weather permitting, every effort will be made to adhere to the schedule.
- DO NOT rake leaves into the street until the night before the scheduled pick-up. When raking leaves into the street be sure that all leaves are in the street so the curb is fully exposed.
- DO NOT park cars in the street on the day of a scheduled pick-up.
- On residential streets, leaves will be picked-up from the street surface 24 inches away from the curb. Leaves must be in rows of not more than four (4) feet wide.
- On main thoroughfares, leaves may not be raked into the street. Leaves will be picked-up from the boulevard next to the edge of the curb in rows of not more than four (4) feet wide.
- No sticks, stones, glass or debris of any kind will be picked up with the leaf collection equipment.
- Leaves collected with lawn mowers should be placed in paper compost bags, or compost cans and placed at the curb on Tuesday evening or by 7am Wednesday. Tringali will stop picking up Yard Waste after Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2021.
- Residents are requested to use paper compost bags or compost cans with the yard waste sticker for the remaining part of the compost season (through Wednesday December 15, 2021).
- Residents who do not wish to rake leaves into the street may continue using paper compost bags or cans 35 gallons or smaller (through 12/15/2021). The cans must be marked with a Yard Waste sticker. Yard Waste stickers are free and can be picked up at City Hall. If offices are closed due to Covid, please call DPW at 248-288-3222 and we will deliver one to your house.
Brush, Shrub, Log and Stump Removal
The City of Clawson does not provide curbside brush chipping. Branches smaller than 2 inches in diameter and shrubs with roots removed should be put out with YARD WASTE and should be cut into lengths of 4 to 4 1/2 feet, bundled with twine and placed at the curb on trash collection day. Bundles cannot weigh more than 50 pounds. Please set tied up bundles with cut ends at curb. Smaller branches & branches with thorns must be cut up and placed in Yard Waste bags or in marked Yard Waste containers 35 gallon maximum. Please pick up yard waste stickers at Clawson City Hall, 4254 N Main.
- Branches larger than 2 inches in diameter must be disposed of privately.
- Stumps and Logs must be disposed of privately.
For a fee, you can take logs, stumps, branches and dirt to SOCRRA Compost Site located at 1741 School Road (between Dequindre and John R., Rochester Hills). Please check the SOCRRA Website for updated information, hours and fee information at https://www.socrra.org/hours-and-locations.
For private residential brush collection & chipping, the city recommends you contact Hart Urban Forestry 586-795-5581 to schedule an appointment and ask questions regarding their fees. They will accept branches up to six (6) inches in diameter, four (4) foot or longer neatly stacked at curb, shrubs without root-ball will also be picked up. Hart Urban Forestry, 6600 Product Dr, Sterling Heights, MI 48312. Contact Hart Urban Forestry with any questions. Fee are subject to change.