DTE Energy Update
A Brief update on the City of Clawson - DTE Electric’s Reliability Project:
Work in the area between Shenandoah and Selfridge, south of Elmwood to Webik:
- Poles and Wire Replacement Design has been completed and issued to DTE Service Center for Construction.
- Poles (12 plus) delivered to area adjacent to Schalm Elementary School
- Construction scheduled to begin the week of 8/13/18
Work in the area north and south of 14 Mile, between Main and Rochester
- Work Orders ready to be issued to design (pole and overhead wire replacement) and Line Clearance (tree trimming) the week of 8/13/18
- Line Clearance (tree trimming) to begin later this Fall
Line Clearance (tree trimming) for the area between Maple and 14 Mile, east of Crooks scheduled to begin later this Summer
June 21, 2018 Update from DTE:
- Engineers have been investigating and analyzing its circuitry and systems serving a portion of the east side including restaurants and businesses in the 14 Mile and Main Street area that have experienced numerous power outages and brief interruptions in 2018.
- As a result of the investigation, an engineering team will present proposed corrective projects following an internal approval process.
- DTE officials expect to have a clearer definition of its next steps in July.
- The DTE 2018 Maintenance Tree Trimming Project is expected to begin on or near Aug. 17th. Wright Tree will be performing the work in Clawson.
- DTE officials will continue to update Clawson City Manager Mark Pollock.