Leaves, Brush, and Logs
Compost Bags (10 bag limit per day) are being accepted at the SOCRRA Drop-off Center through March 30th, 2019
995 Coolidge, Troy, MI (between 14 Mile and Maple)
Monday-Friday: 9AM - 5PM, Saturday: 7AM to 1PM
Open and free to the public (CLOSED on Holidays)
The city picks up leaves during the months of October and November only. Burning of leaves in the City of Clawson is prohibited.
- Beginning the week of October 22nd, 2018 your leaves will be collected on this click link schedule with the last full week of collection Monday, November 26th, 2018 through Thursday November 29th—Due to the week of Thanksgiving (November 19-22) being a short week we are requesting that everyone have their leaves out on Sunday the 18th. Please note that Dates are subject to change.
- Weather permitting, every effort will be made to adhere to the schedule.
- DO NOT rake leaves into the street until the night before the scheduled pick-up. When raking leaves into the street be sure that all leaves are in the street so the curb is fully exposed.
- DO NOT park cars in the street on the day of a scheduled pick-up.
- On residential streets, leaves will be picked-up from the street surface 24 inches away from the curb. Leaves must be in rows of not more than four (4) feet wide.
- On main thoroughfares, leaves may not be raked into the street. Leaves will be picked-up from the boulevard next to the edge of the curb in rows of not more than four (4) feet wide.
- No sticks, stones, glass or debris of any kind will be picked up with the leaf collection equipment.
- Leaves collected with lawn mowers should be placed in paper compost bags, or compost cans and placed at the curb on Tuesday evening or by 7am Wednesday. Tringali will stop picking up Yard Waste after Wednesday, Dec. 12th, 2018. Curb side Yard waste pick up resumes Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019.
- Residents are requested to use paper compost bags or compost cans for the remaining part of the compost season (through Wednesday December 12th, 2018).
- Residents who do not wish to rake leaves into the street may continue using paper compost bags or cans 35 gallons or smaller (through 12/12/2018). The cans must be marked with a Yard Waste sticker. Pick stickers up at the DPW or City Hall.
Brush, Shrub, Log, and Stump Removal
The City of Clawson no longer provides curbside brush chipping. Branches smaller than 2 inches in diameter and shrubs with roots removed should be put out with YARD WASTE and should be cut into lengths of 4 to 4 1/2 feet, bundled with twine and placed at the curb on trash collection day. Bundles cannot weigh more than 50 pounds. Please set tied up bundles with cut ends at curb. Smaller branches & branches with thorns must be cut up and placed in Yard Waste bags or in marked Yard Waste containers 35 gallon maximum. Pick up Yard Waste stickers at the DPW or City Hall.
- Branches larger than 2 inches in diameter must be disposed of privately.
- Stumps and Logs must be disposed of privately.
For a fee $ you can bring Yard Waste, Logs, Stumps, Branches and Dirt to SOCRRA Compost Site located at 1741 School Road (between Dequindre and John R., Rochester Hills) or the Madison Heights Facility 29470 John R (between 12 & 13 Mile Roads) Check the SOCRRA Website for updated information, hours and fee$.
For private residential brush collection & chipping the city recommends you contact Hart Urban Forestry at 1.586.795.5581 to schedule an appointment. They charge $50 per each 15 minutes of chipping. They will accept branches up to six (6) inches in diameter, four (4) foot or longer neatly stacked at curb, shrubs without root-ball will also be picked up. Payments by check or cash accepted, made to the crew at the time of service. The address for Hart Urban Forestry is 6600 Product Dr., Sterling Heights, MI 48312. Contact Hart Urban Forestry with any questions. Fee are subject to change.