July 4th Celebration
Nobody fires up the pride in the USA and the celebration of Independence Day like Clawson does! A tradition like no other since 1933, Clawson's Annual 4th of July celebration and festivities kicks off well before the grand finally of a spectacular fireworks display on the night of Independence Day. Come and join us. It's an experience you will never forget!
Fireworks Ordinance—click on "Click Here for information on Clawson's Firework Ordinance"
The 4th of July is right around the corner. We have many celebrations in preparation for July 3rd and 4th at the park! And of course, the week before the 4th, watch for the 1947 Mack Fire Truck that travels block by block to give rides to kids of all ages.
2017 Fourth of July Celebration - Unless noted otherwise, all events are at the Clawson City Park (West Elmwood between Main Street and Crooks Road)
Saturday, June 24:
- 11am - Kiddie Parade from Clawson Middle School to the park (Sponsored by GFWC Clawson Women’s Club)
- Followed by Food Truck Rally (4th of July Committee)
Sunday, June 25:
- 7pm - Free Fun Run
- 7:30pm - 5K Freedom Run - FREEDOM RUN 5k is a community tradition. This race travels the tree lined streets of Clawson. Runners are cheered on by residents as they wind their way through the wide, flat streets. Race Day Registration is $20.00 and packet pick-up is from 6:15–7:15pm at Clawson City Park.
Wednesday, June 28:
Bring a lawn chair and enjoy the FREE concert in the park by South Oakland Band at Clawson City Park. Purchase an ice cream sundae from the Lion's Club and enjoy the music
- 7pm - Ice Cream Social (Sponsored by Clawson Lions Club)
- 7:30pm - South Oakland Concert Band (Sponsored by Clawson Parks and Recreation)
Friday, June 30:
- Red Oaks Waterpark Trip - 11 am Red Oaks Water park. Purchase a ticket now for $3.00 from Hunter Community Center. Sponsored by Youth Assistance.
Monday, July 3:
- 3 to 9pm - Bonus Night (Amusement rides, food concessions and arts & crafts) $2 entry fee
- 4pm/6pm/8pm - Co-Ed All-Star Youth Softball Games
Tuesday, July 4:
- 7 to 10:30am - Herb Glenn Memorial Pancake Breakfast at Clawson United Methodist Church at 205 N. Main (sponsored by Clawson Rotary Club)
- 7:45 to 8:45am - Registration for Firecracker Mile
- 8:30m - Opening Ceremony at Blair Memorial Library
- 8:30 to 11:30am - W. Elmwood CLOSED from Bywood to Main
- 9am - Firecracker Mile (starts at Clawson Center)
- 9am - Parade (starts at Clawson Center, ends at City Park)
- 10am to 6pm - Arts & Crafts Fair
- 10am to 10pm - Midway Area Open ($2 entry fee) fee for rides; entertainment and fireworks provided by entry fee
- 1pm - Water Battle: Clawson Fire Dept. vs. Troy Fire Dept.
- 8:15 to 11:30pm - W. Elmwood CLOSED from Bywood to Main
- Dusk (10pm) - Fireworks
For updates or additional information, visit www.clawson4thofjuly.org or Facebook: ClawsonFourthofJuly
Clawson 4th of July Volunteers - Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication!